Expecting mothers are experiencing one of the greatest gifts and miracles life has to offer. They also face a number of challenges, decisions, and opinions as to the proper care for themselves prior to, during, and post pregnancy. We want to support our planning mother’s to be and expectant moms with the most current information and resources available. We provide moms with guidance to confidently address nutritional needs, safe and effective exercise, and expectations throughout each trimester as well as help mom and new baby grow and thrive throughout each phase of life. During pregnancy, mom’s body goes through a rollercoaster of changes which can be downright uncomfortable. Here at Imperium Health Center we improve back and pelvic positioning throughout pregnancy which can help both mom and baby.
- Optimizes nervous system function by keeping mom’s back in correct alignment as the baby grows, enabling the nerves to heal, nourish and orchestrate a healthy pregnancy.
- Regular prenatal chiropractic care helps moms avoid imbalance and injury, reducing back and sciatica pain as her center of gravity shifts.
- Spinal and pelvic adjustments improve nerve communication to the uterus, helping baby grow into optimal positions for birth. During delivery, the uterus contracts more efficiently to reduce pain and injury for mom and baby.
- Reduces pregnancy back pain, sciatica, neck pain, headache and nausea by optimizing overall nervous system function.
After delivery, moms can experience many things such as post delivery aches and pains such as back pain and neck pain with breastfeeding. Chiropractic care can assist with:
- Repositioning lumbar vertebrae, pelvic and sacral bones to optimal alignment after delivery
- Supporting core conditioning needed to re-tone muscles that keep posture healthy
- Postural support for moms recovering from vaginal or C-section delivery
- Helping moms find healthy posture positions for feeding baby to reduce and avoid neck, shoulder, arm and back pain.
- Helping mom and dad learn ergonomic ways to pick up heavy diaper bags, infant carriers, and wiggly toddlers to prevent injury.
- Helping the nervous systems direct healing resources more efficiently, which can also help parents deal with the emotional and mental stresses of new parenthood.
Pre and post pregnancy can be a fun, exciting, and challenging time, but we are here to serve our new moms and babies to make it the best experience possible.